Lake's ' my lake hotel is a new, ultra-modern boutique hotel situated
directly on the beautiful blue water of Lake W'rthersee and surrounded
by the breathtaking southern Alps, in the center of the charming and
lively town of P'rtschach. P'rtschach is a sport- and adventure-lover's
dream destination where guests will find a variety of options for
relaxation, outdoor recreation, entertainment, world-class dining and
golf, making it one of the most famous and desirable summer resort
destinations in Europe. Situated at the lakeside Brahms-Promenade,
Lake's ' my lake hotel features contemporary architecture, stylish d'cor
and a Mediterranean ambience that perfectly unites modern luxury with
the historic appeal of the Austrian Riviera. The interior of the hotel
features a serene and inviting atmosphere and a unique maritime design
that mirrors the stunning beauty of the landscape.
- 40 studios & suites and 2 penthouses (72 as from Summer 2011)
- Full-service spa offering Ligne St. Barth and Babo products
- Click here to download the Lake's Spa Brochure
- Indoor pool and outdoor pool with a lounge area
- Sauna & steam bath
- State-of-the-art gym
- Sunshine Lake's Beach Club with beach cabanas.
- Room Descriptions
- Riviera Studios ' Bright studios with king-size bed and terrace/balcony located on the park side of the hotel with partial lake views.
- Lake Studios
' Sunny and airy studios with separate living and sleeping areas and
180-degree lake views, king-size bed & terrace/balcony.
- Riviera Suites ' Two room suites with separate living area and either park or lake views, king-size bed and terrace/balcony.
- Lake Suites '
Spacious and sunny suites with stylish interiors, separate living and
sleeping areas gorgeous views of the lake, king-size bed and
- Garden Suite ' Over-sized,
light-flooded two-room suites with sunrise panorama views and equipped
with two balconies, king-size bed, living area, balcony and tailor-made
solutions for families
- Grand Lake Suites
' Grand three-room suites include a bedroom with king-size bed, a
separate studio with convertible couch, a large living area,
terrace/balcony and stunning panoramic lake views.
- Gustav Mahler Penthouse ' Flawless
penthouse suites with large terrace with unobstructed lake view, two
bedrooms with king-size bed, studio with convertible couch, as well as a
large living and dining area.
- Johannes Brahms Penthouse ' Superbly sized penthouse with three bedrooms, large living and dining areas and a large terrace with panoramic lake views.
- Park Suites ' Light flooded rooms and spacious bathrooms ' Available Summer 2011.
- Meetings & Events
- Commodore Stateroom ' An intimate boardroom on the ground floor accommodates up to 40 people.
- Lake's Terrace ' A large, 1000 square meter, beautiful terrace facing the lake with a footbridge leading directly to the hotel's beach club.
- Johannes Brahms Penthouse ' A
173 square meter luxury penthouse located on the 4th floor of the
hotel with an outdoor terrace that offers incredible lake views.
- Complimentary Internet access
- Custom-made beds
- Maxi bar with an Illy espresso machine
- LCD TV's connected to a European satellite system
- iPod docking station
- Molton Brown amenities
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT
The range of outdoor activities is incredibly diverse. 'With direct
access to the lake and the exceptionally beautiful natural environment
guests can enjoy sailing, bike riding, golf, hiking, and much
Sunshine Lake's Restaurant features
traditional Carinthian cuisine combined with modern, Mediterranean
elements.' The fare includes fresh products from the rural Carinthian
Region as well as organic food from the hotel's Italian and Slovenian
Sunshine Lake's Lounge & Baris a place
with simply stunning views of the lake where guests can enjoy an
Italian cappuccino, watch the sunset behind the mountains just above
the lake or enjoy a fresh cocktail.' From May through September this is
the place to be for parties and summer celebrations.
Sunshine Lake's Beach Clubis an exclusive
environment where guests can relax and enjoy crispy salads and
excellent cocktails while listening to soft music.
"The first day was so beautiful that I had to stay for a second, and the second was so beautiful that
I am going to stay for a while!"' - Johannes Brahms
The small but lively town of P'rtschach first became popular in the
early 1900s when Austrian, English, and German aristocrats discovered
it as a desirable summer resort destination.' A sports lover's paradise,
it was one of the most popular destinations for the so called
'Sommerfrische' ' a practice of the rich, the fashionable and the
aristocracy to spend the summer outside the city at a beautiful summer
retreat.' Among those appreciating the W'rthersee as a place of
wellbeing for body and soul was the famous German composer Johannes
The resort has train connections with Klagenfurt and Villach'
two trains arrive every hour. There are also buses from Klagenfurt and
if you travel by car from the same town you should take Route 83.
Klagenfurt International Airport (KLU)
20 km / 20 minutes
Aerodrom Airport Ljubljana (LJU)
90 km / 60 minutes
Graz Airport Talerhof (GRZ)
150 km / 90 minutes
Salzburg Airport W.A. Mozart (SZG)
205 km / 2 hours
Click here to view a map of nearby airports